Thursday, April 21, 2011

What $.25 will buy you these days


photo credit

The food pantry at our church is a little bare. Thanks to my mom and a few gracious woman at our church who recently gave me their coupon circulars, the plan is to help restock it, making a big impact for not a lot of money. Keep reading in the next few weeks and I will let you know the outcome of the project. For now, I thought I would tease you a bit. On a regular day, CVS sells Colgate Toothpaste for $1.87. This week, it is on sale at a great price: 5 tubes for $5.00. Remember, that you don't have to buy 5 tubes...they just would like you to do that!  So, I had three coupons totaling $2.75. That means I bought 3 tubes of toothpaste for the pantry for $.25!




Actual Price for 3 tubes: $5.61
Price I paid: $.25
Savings:  $5.36


Some people don't bother with coupons because they feel like a lot of coupons are for processed food. That is true, but coupons for toiletries are all over the circulars! Now, I bet some of you are thinking...."my store" sells it EVERYDAY for less than $1.00. We all know that drug stores can sometimes be a little pricier. The truth is, that store you are talking about is about a 25 minute drive from my house and CVS is on my way home from work. Whatever your store is....see if you can get some free toothpaste! Happy Saving!

1 comment:

  1. You can also ask your dentist for extra tubes of toothpaste and toothbrushes. I can't imagine any dentist who would refuse the request when told they would be donated to a food pantry. You might even score a case of toothpaste depending upon the Dentist.

    ReplyDelete