Friday, April 1, 2011

Using Your Space Well: Doors



A few years back, I bought a house that was better suited for me than the larger one I sold. This smaller historic house lacks the closets I once had.  I don't mind  that too much because of the amenities of city living  that this  house offers. Besides living in a constant state of purge, I try to use my space wisely. I realized the other day that 8 of my 9 doors have something behind them.  Here's an example to the left:


One of my teenage clients didn't want to part with some artwork that she had made in elementary school but knew it was too juvenile to hang in her teen room. We hung it in her closet. She enjoys it everyday but it is hidden to others.

Maybe you can free up some space with just a few creative uses behind the door.  Here is the best one that I have seen. Steps are on  http://www.centsationalgirl.com/.  It is a DIY (do it yourself) wrapping station!

 
organizer for wrap and ribbon
photo credit


Did you know there were racks for hats and purses and ironing boards?  My friend uses the back of her coat closet to hang a shoe cubby where she puts her family's scarves, hats and mittens.
photo credit
photo credit

 
photo credit








 Back of  doors aren't just for nerf basketball anymore! Although, you can't beat this! Bball in you PJs.    


photo credit





Tell me about your creative door uses? 

No comments:

Post a Comment