Monday, April 25, 2011

Shopping around town

Shopping is kind of complicated for me. I don't have a lot of clothes because I have a hard time finding things I like. So, when I find something that I like, I usually buy it. Sometimes that means I go to Nordstrom and sometimes it means I shop at Old Navy. I don't think there is one way to think about it. Some pieces of clothing are investments that you'll wear for years and others are not. So..make your peace with your purchases.

This post is just about some fun finds I have found that won't break the bank. One of my dearest friends is one of the classiest dressers I know and she gets a lot of her clothes at thrift stores. As a matter of fact, I had to ask her to stop wearing this particular pair of shoes to our bible study, because they were too distracting!  Anywho...here are some things I have found in the last few months.

I got these two items at a yard sale for $3.00 total. The shirt is not any brand that I know of, but I liked the color a lot, but the shoes are Keens!!! They look brand new and sell for a little less than $100 retail.  Three dollars for Keens AND a shirt. So pumped about that.




I got these fun shirts at a local thrift store. The first is an Old Navy blouse (that still had the original tag of $19.99) and I picked it up for $5.00. The second is an Ann Taylor deal that I got for $4.98.

$5.00

$4.98



This next guy still had the original tag on it. It originally cost $75.00 and I picked it up for $6.98. It really is beautiful...can't say my photography skills show that.

$6.98

These next two were $1.98 and $9.98 respectively. The second is a Brooks Brothers shirt. I picked up a similar looking 3rd Polo Shirt (not pictured)  for $7.98. 


$1.98

$9.98


Thanks to my friends who have been doing this for years and proving that you can really look great! Honestly, they are just clothes that someone once bought at a department store and probably grew out of. Nothing a little Tide can't fix!

No comments:

Post a Comment