Monday, April 18, 2011

Thift Stores: Guest Post from http://livingfrugallyblog.com/

My long time friend Rachel has a great blog that you would also enjoy if this kind of thing is your kind of thing. She wrote this post not too long ago on her blog: http://livingfrugallyblog.com/ I have few great finds from consignment and thrift stores that I plan to show you one of these days but I wanted to introduce you to Rachel first and show you a few of hers. These kinds of stores have a lot of great steals and a fair amount of the clothes still have the oringial store tags on them! You can have great style and still thrift. Rachel's superstylish blog will give you a flavor of how stylish she is.


_______________________________________________________________________________

This weekend, after a delightful brunch at Kuba Kuba (try their Cafe Latte w/ sweetened condensed milk) and getting our nails done at Maxx Nails in Short Pump, my girlfriends and I tried out a {relatively} new local thrift store, Hope Thrift in the West End.

I had heard that Hope Thrift could be pricey, and their clothing selection was very limited; however, I did find these 2 cute tops in great condition for $3 each (final purchase $6)!

 

 
{Banana Republic V-Neck Cotton Sweater - Photo Credit}

Hope Thrift also had a great selection of books for kids and adults for $0.50 to $3.

Hope Thrift
11260 Patterson Ave Henrico, VA 23238
Open Tue-Thu 10am-7pm; Fri 10am-6pm; Sat 9am-5pm; Sun 12pm-4:30pm

What thrifty finds have you purchased lately?

1 comment:

  1. Okay, here is my tally from the WEPC Community Preschool Yard Sale. $5/bag of clothes, and this was in my one bag: jcrew men's chinos, dockers flat front khakis, cream colored seven's cords, hot pink strapless bathing suit top, uva kappa delta t-shirt, retro airplane child's sweatshirt, two pairs of men's grey suit pants . . . i think that was it . . . :)

    ReplyDelete