Friday, April 8, 2011

Gold


photo credit

There are commericials everyday of people wanting to buy your gold, since the price of gold is up. Those commericals give me the same feeling that the Liberty Tax "Statue of Liberty Dancing Man" who stands at the corner of Boulevard and Broad gives me. How anyone thinks that man seems like a credible way to lure me into giving them my tax information is shocking.

However...

I know some VERY credible people who sold gold last week. They sold their high school class rings and one of them sold a couple of 14K gold service broaches that she had received for working at her company for a trillion years. Stuff they would NEVER wear. NEVER. And they made a lot of money. I looked around my house and this purger came up empty handed. I thought for sure there would be something from an old college boyfriend, but alas.

Hope you find some treasures!

4 comments:

  1. We sold some gold a few months ago, like you said, stuff I would NEVER wear. Made 1000s. Pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anybody know a good place to sell the gold??

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom made like $400 selling some old notty up gold chains, I couldn't believe it. I would also say shop around she went to two other places first and the other two places offered her half and the other a quarter of the amount she finally recieved.

    P.S. Someone doing the Running man on the corner doesn't make me think, Yes I need those people to file my taxes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Daynon, yep..that was my parent's experience in Roanoke. They took to 2 places and the first place offerred them 1/2 what the other place did. All I can saw is shop around. I hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete