Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Getting What you Paid for

The other day I saw an advertisement for an upcoming show on Rachel Ray. It was a teaser for an upcoming segment and it appeared they were going to talk about how you can get the most from your cosmetics. I didn't see the show but was able to see the segment here on their website. It offered some unique ways to make sure you get the most out of cosmetic purchases. It made me wonder what you all do to make sure you get what you pay for-every drip or every cranny. Here's something I do regularly with the Clinique Foundation I use:

 At this point, there are no more squirts left when I try to squirt, but I can see plenty of make-up remaining.



 So, regularly at this point in the game, I make a single cut down the middle with my scissors.





And here's why. All of this make up, would otherwise just go to waste.



I just store it in a zip lock and can easily get about 3 more weeks out of it.

Tell me about some of creative things you do to get what you paid for!




1 comment:

  1. i do the same with lotion, toothpaste, hair gel. if i can cut the container open, i do. it seems ridiculous, but there's always a TON left in the container. why throw it all away?

    ReplyDelete