Tuesday, June 19, 2012

$500 worth of merchandise cost her nothing

One of the fun things about writing this blog is when others get excited about their own experiences and share them with me.

I got a text this week that said, "I have 701 Kroger gas points...can't maximize better than that!" (That translates to mean that this person would get $.70 off/gallon that day when  he went to the gas station).

Another friend regularly texts me about his savings at the grocery store. That may not seem that significant until you find out that this is a single male. Single. Male. Couponing. Love that.

I got this email recently from a friend and it was so encouraging, I thought I would share.  She asks if she won the prize of the week. She may have just won the prize of the month, year and decade.

"I'll have to tell you what my husband I did. A week ago we went to Kohl's and bought a Dyson vacuum cleaner that I've wanted for ages.  It was $450 plus tax, so I had a yard sale and made $485 the weekend before.  A friend gave me her 30% off coupon and I had $20 in Kohl's bucks, so the vacuum ended up costing $319.  Kohl's gives you $10 Kohl's bucks (use just like cash) for each $50 you spend, so we had $60 to spend in the next few weeks.  The 30% coupon was still good so we went last night.  We really didn't need anything so we decided we could each spend $40.  We looked and looked and I ended with six pairs of Gold-toe socks, a cute pair of sandals and a bottle brush.  My husband got a nice leather belt and two shirts.  It was so much fun.  We got all those things plus the vacuum and didn't spend any of our money.  Do I win the prize for this week?"

I know this woman well and she and her husband are faithful tithers (givers) and so that just makes the story that much sweeter.

No comments:

Post a Comment