Thursday, June 21, 2012

$9.00 on the line

I assist a client with some personal assistant needs who lives in a community with a Homeowner's Association. Regularly, I open his mail and find a letter from the HOA. I have never seen anything like it. He violates some rule almost weekly. "Your grass is brown" (I guess so, since it never rains in Richmond). Or, "Your front porch needs a fresh coat of paint"  (His porch is stained wood, so that really means the TWO small risers that lead to his front door).

Clearly, a clothes line is out of the question. They might call 9-1-1 if he put one of those up in his back yard.


I used to live in a neighborhood like that. No clothesline for me either. Now, I live in the city and pretty much anything goes. But here is the problem:

This is the size of our back yard. Not ideal for a permanent clothesline.

 
So, my dad (before I was married) came up with the pefect solution:


 

A retractable clothesline! The line coils up when not in use, but I can pull out the line whenever I need it. He attached the opposing hook to a tree on the other side of our property.





And so now sometimes our back patio looks like this:



For city living or for pulling one over on your HOA. Whatever you need. This retractable clothesline  costs all of $9.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment