Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sprucing Up Your Home In Some Inexpensive Ways

This year, I've really enjoyed following the blog Richmond Thrifter. I am not anywhere near as crafty as  Erin, the writer of that blog, but I think we have all little parts of our house that we created on a dime that we are proud of. I'd love for you to tell me about yours and maybe we can inspire each other. My very talented college roommate gave me the idea for a few of these.


Every room needs a few pops of black. I sewed this grosgrain ribbon to the top of the shower curtain!


This bathroom mirror was a purchase from Lowes and about $150 less than the Pottery Barn equivalent.



More grosgrain ribbon glued to a simple drum shade!


Houndstooth wallpaper attached with double sided duck tape!

I love a two-toned step. White paint and primer required!

I love this little corner of my bedroom with the ceramic bird that my grandmother painted.


I love this little part of my dining room. I got all these items on sale or clearance at Homegoods and stitched the curtains with a simple hem!






Picked this mirror at TJ Maxx for a steal and turned it on it's side.

I painted and recovered my grandmother's sewing bench.

Left over fabric from that project in a frame that I spray painted.

Send me your pictures of your DIY projects and I'll post them!

No comments:

Post a Comment