Monday, May 2, 2011

Couponing: Faster, Less Cutting and Less Organizing

photo credit

A couple of months ago, I told you how I use coupons, the steps I take etc.

So.....I don't do that anymore.

At all.

Thanks to my friend Lane, the skies have opened up and I see clearly now.

Now, I use a site called Southern Savers and it does most of the work for me. There are lot of wonderful features on the site, but I will just highlight one that I use most often.

I shop at Kroger. At the top of the site, I click on the Kroger tab. Every week there is post that tells me what Kroger has on sale that week, the advertised and the unadvertised. It lists 100s of products. Here is an example of a listing:



Crest Toothpaste 4.6 oz, $1
50/1 Crest toothpaste 4 oz + or liquid gel, RP 3/13


The first line tells me that Crest Toothpaste (the 4.6 oz tube) is on sale for $1.00 this week.
The second line tells me that there is a $.50 coupon for 1 tube of Crest Toothpaste (50/1) if I look in the Red Plum Sales Circular (RP) that is dated 3/13. (You can find the date of the circular on the seam of the circular.)

Since the Kroger store I frequent doubles coupons up to $.50, that item will be free!  So, I definitely want that. That is when I cut! That's right, I cut AFTER the fact. I save circulars now and not coupons. It's much easier and you don't end up tossing coupons that you spent time cutting, but then expire. You can even print your shopping list from the site!

Southern Savers does this EVERY WEEK  for sooo many stores. CVS, Kroger, Walmart, Harris Teeter etc.  If you don't live in the South and/or don't see your store on this webiste, google "coupon match ups + your store's name" and you should be able to find a site similar to Southern Savers.com  that tells you about your store.

It does all the work for you, except the cutting. It's easy peezy.

3 comments:

  1. how about for us notherners?? can you find me one of these? (ps jax is the only one with a google account ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try this site. It has a bunch of stores and then apprears to link you to the store that interests you. I hope your store is there.
    http://www.livefabuless.com/search/label/coupon%20matchups

    ReplyDelete