Friday, May 13, 2011

Newspaper Subscription Deals


photo credit
Maybe you are convinced to use coupons, maybe not. That's ok too. If you are, I wanted to share a tip about the Richmond Times Dispatch (RTD), for you Richmonders. I bet the same would apply in many of your hometowns....it's all in the  ASK.
The ask means you have to call. I know....online ordering is so efficient, but you can't schmooze the computer. So, I ask Rob at RTD if there was any deals going on and told him that I had googled something and found that RTD had a deal of 8 weeks of the Sunday paper for $10.00 (but it appeared to be expired).  That is $1.25 a paper! In fact it WAS expired, but he told me that there was another deal of 8 weeks of the Sunday Paper for $12.00. Not as good at $1.50 but much better than the online cost of $2.25 a paper.

The kicker is that after 8 weeks, they shift you to the regular price of $2.25 a paper, so you have to remember to call and cancel if that is too steep for you. But if you curious about this couponing stuff, this might be the deal you need to take the next step. I don't get any props from RTD for saying this, by the way.
Rob was super nice and his wife coupons too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment