Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Price Matching with Smart Phones

photo credit
Some of you have smart phones. Some of us have flip phones. Save the comments, I've heard them all. Moving on...

If you must have a smart phone, then you must have a price matching app.
1. While in the store, take a picture of the bar code of the item you want.
2. The app searches competitors prices and lists them for you.
3. Ask a sales clerk, "Do you price match?" (Walmart, Best Buy, Lowes, Staples, Target do....just to name a few)
4. If they say "yes", show them your phone.

My friends, Eman and Ruben, did this this the other day at Best Buy and saved $24.00 on two Blue Ray DVDs. They were really pumped and one said to the other, "If I do this long enough, I will pay for my phone."

Now, THAT is smart.

P.S. Some places don't match their own website prices. Here is a tip from The Consumerist on a way to get around that. Great story.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa,

    I did similar at Best Buy the other day. They now and have sold Apple Products. I was looking into buying a new laptop. After talking to the salesperson I asked if they had a "price match" and he said "yes". I used the Apple Laptop on display to log-in to Safari and show him on the Apple Website that the same laptop was 5 dollars less! He said that they would honor that price.

    If they don't accept your App on your Smartphone then use their display computers and its browser to prove the price differential as well!

    J.T.

    ReplyDelete