Monday, August 20, 2012

Sweet Frog Vs. Yapple

There's a Martin's grocery store about a mile from my house. Directly across the street from Martin's is a Kroger. Directly to the left  of Martin's is another grocery store called Ellwood Thompson's. And just to round out the compass, a Fresh Market is currently being built behind the Martins. Yes. Four grocery stores in a 3 block radius. Wonder who will bite the dust first. I have a thought but will keep it to myself.

So, it only makes sense that in this same little section of town, the yogurt stores followed suit. Sweet Frog was built first and people come in droves. Pretty intimidating competition you would think...but apparently not for Yapple. They came to town a few months ago and moved in TWO doors down from the Sweet Frog. I rolled my house at the arrogance.

Until last Monday.

Last Monday, I was yelling "Whoo whoo Yapple!!!!"   I didn't eat at Yapple. I didn't even walk in it. But now, Sweet Frog has this sign hanging on the front of their store.  (Side bar-I make absolutely NO point if the following sign is on the store front of all  Sweet Frogs. I kind of don't think it is because it is not on their website; however, I've been wrong before.)



They have a deal EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Obviously, I thank Yapple for that.

I took that picture on a Monday afternoon when I walked into town to buy a birthday present for a friend. Little did I know that later that night, our friends Johnny and Joyce would surprise with a knock at the door and we would eventually end up at Sweet Frog. It was about 8pm that night and when we arrived, there was a Sweet Frog worker outside the store encouraging customers to spin a wheel to win certain prices. (Sorry no camera with me to show you). We all won something but my husband won a coupon for a free yogurt! Pair that with Double Punch Monday and we were set. (Did I mention that was dinner?)

I hope someone else builds another yogurt store in Carytown.

1 comment:

  1. yeah! gotta love capitalism. i've always thought krogers in richmond are better than kroger elsewhere because martin's pushes them. which is...awesome.

    ReplyDelete