Friday, July 20, 2012

the kitchen is closed


photo credit




One of the best feelings in the world is that moment when you have unloaded the dishwasher, wiped down all the counters,  the lunches are packed and you hit the light switch to "off" as you exit the kitchen. I often think..."kitchen is closed." It's not really closed. I am being delusional. My husband could walk in at anytime and mess up a plate and a glass, but what can I say...I dream big.







I actually think that if I ever have a gaggle of kids that I might actually make and hang a "Kitchen is Closed" sign, because I don't love being in the kitchen. Sometimes when I am hungry I think about all the things that are healthy (or leaning toward healthy) that I can eat that do not require messing up any part of the kitchen.

Here are some of mine:

-bananas
-apples
-grapes (One day my friend's husband opened the refrigerator to find a colander of washed grapes and he delightfully said "Awesome, grapes ready to eat." --as if grapes are not always ready to eat. Hilarious. We ate them off the vine of the back fence my entire childhood and nobody died.)
-string cheese
-microwave popcorn
-almonds/nuts
-ice cream on a stick
-any kind of protein bar/granola bar


Have you considered making a list of those kinds of things that you can typically find in your house and let your family know those are free to partake of when the kitchen is closed? No more spending your life being a short-order cook.


No comments:

Post a Comment