Saturday, July 14, 2012

Cow Appreciation Day Nonsense

So I told you about Cow Appreciation Day at Chick-fil-A on Friday. Dress up like a cow and get a free meal. I saw so many pictures of friends on facebook dressing up. Here are a few sent to me and permission granted to share. Kim and Matt have five boys. I suppose eating at Chick-fil-A is an easy $50-60 throw down, but Friday they ate for free.







Kim and Grant did it well, I must say.


And then there was my husband.


He sends me this picture about 12:30 during his workday.


He blackened sections of an Excel spreadsheet and cut them in odd shapes to make his spots.  He taped them to this shirt with Scotch tape (notice he didn't even try to hide the tape behind the spot by making the little tape circles). Off to the drive-thru he headed. He tells the microphone he is there for Cow Appreciation Day and that he is dressed as a cow, so she takes his order. He orders, pulls around and this is what she sees.

And after she gives him a smile and a "you are ridiculous" nod, he drives away with a Spicy Chicken Sandwich  meal.

Enter dinnertime.  I get dressed in black shorts with white polka-dots, a white t-shirt and black flip flops. I make a sign that says "Eat Mor Chicken" and tie it around my neck with a string. Cow spots were made in the car/recycled from Joe's lunch on the way to Chick-fil-A.






Spots being prepared on the dashboard....

Oh, and what was my husband wearing? A blue and gray t-shirt and blue basketball shorts. He added the recycled spots as he exited the car once we got to the resturant.

Result: Two more free meals. Oh, and by the way....I asked for the nugget meal and the cashier said, "Eight or twelve."  Oh my goodness. Well, twelve of course. Unbelievable.


Here's me. I have an injured hoof.

So, if that wasn't enough, after dinner we saw two ladies and their 4-5 children entering the restaurant looking quite confused at the bevy of cow costumes in their view. I told them to come outside with me and they obeyed. We promptly slapped our spots and necklace on their kids and sent them back in.

Loved everything about Cow Appreciation Day, including this email quote from my dad." I couldn't think of how to make a cow costume and I was in a hurry.  Your mom gave me a surgical glove and told me to blow it up.  Well . . I did.  Then I fastened it to my crouch with clothes pins.  When I walked in, everyone was utterly speechless."

2 comments: