Monday, July 30, 2012

living off of $20.00

 
photo credit

The other day, I was watching one of those weight loss shows where they show you a year in the life of someone who is trying to lose a significant  amount  of weight. One of this gal's weaknesses was fast food restaurants and she particularly craved them as she passed by them on the way home from the gym.
I started thinking about how very few of us leave our house without a debit/credit card. I might "need" something in my travels that I didn't know I needed when I woke up that morning. And then I started thinking about how we trick ourselves into carrying those cards because we don't want to carry cash. We think we might get robbed or lose our purse.





Raise your hand if you have been mugged in the last 365 days.


Raise your hand if you have lost your wallet in the last 365 days.


Let's face it. That's not really happening all that  much.



So, here's the challenge (and I will make it easy for you). Fill your car up with gas and stock your fridge. Put $20.00 in your wallet and see if it you can make it last at least 5 days with even one penny left in your wallet. Tell me about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment