Tuesday, April 3, 2012

ECBS and Peelies

photo credit


I know. Weird. It’s like a sport. You have to know all this lingo to coupon anymore. It’s pretty ridiculous. It’s like when you are learning a new sport and there is so much new vocabulary.

CVS has a great deal on contact solution. Buy a 12 oz bottle for $8.99 and get $8.99 back in ECBs (Extra Care Bucks is CVS store credit that you get after you buy the product. It prints at the bottom of your receipt and you can use it during your next transition.) Yes. I spend $8.99 and get back $8.99. Beautiful.

I was a little bummed out I didn’t have a coupon to sweeten the deal, but that is the way these things go. So, my husband and I enter the store and march right over to their coupon center. You just scan your CVS card and coupons come out of it. Sometimes they are good and sometimes not. This time, for no reason known to me, I got $1.00 in ECBs!


So, now the contact solution is only going to cost $7.99. Great news. And for all your mathematicians, that means we are going to make $1.00 off this purchase.  We head to the back of the store to find the contact solution.

And right there is a peelie. See it on the box? $1.00 off this product and you can SAVE NOW.  So, now this is going to cost $6.99 after the cashier peels this coupon off and I combine it with the CVS machine's coupon.

We paid for our merchandise $6.99 + tax and like clockwork, our $8.99 store credit spits out of the register. We are going to save it for a rainy day.

If you wear soft contacts, go this week. And if for some reason your store is out...get a rain check. More vocabulary, I know. I wrote about this in another post. Ask your cashier..they know what a rain check is. It just means you can score the deal next time you come to CVS.  Rain checks, peelies and ECBs. Five years ago, I didn't know what any of that meant.

No comments:

Post a Comment