Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Loose Change, Football and an anniversary dinner

This past summer I told you about a man who paid off his last mortgage payment with $62,000 pennies. We set the bar a lot lower than that at our house. We saved our loose change this past year with the goal to use it to pay for our anniversary dinner. Hardly the mortgage.

Nonetheless, here it is!



I know...there are Coin Stars in every grocery store in America. But, they take a cut of the total counted and with football on the tube  24-7 on the weekends these past few weeks, it was an easy task to roll the change while watching the games.

Digression: Why is it that men say... "I gotta watch the game." The game. As if there is one game. Why don't they say "a game" or "some games"? The game suggests one game. Like the Presidential Election or the Oscars. Well, maybe there is the game at 1:30 but there is another game at 4:30 and everybody knows you are going to watch that one too. I highly doubt that the use of "the game" is a  universally poor grammar choice used by all men in America.


 
 
 
 
 
Anyway, my husband, who loves him some football,  and I celebrated our first wedding anniversary at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, where our wedding reception was held.  They have a beautiful restaurant there and we had a really wonderful evening. I forgot to take the top of our wedding cake out of the freezer, so we enjoyed it a few days later with a candle on top to represent one year down. As I type this we are watching "the game" and there is no other placed I'd rather be.


3 comments:

  1. Happy One Year Kids! Lets do something soon. I miss you all! Congrats on making it through the 1st year of many
    x
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy one year! the only regret i have about my wedding venue is that we can't do things like, go back for dinner on our anniversary. (we got married at a private residence.)
    this is a great tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated anniversary! I hope you guys enjoyed it and nice to know that you like to roll coins because I may need you in the future :)

    ReplyDelete