Monday, November 26, 2012

keep your kids out of trouble while shopping with them

photo credit



Recently, my friend Daynon told me about shopkick.  It's a free app available on your IPhone that gives you "kickbucks" while you shop. Kickbucks are earned automatically by walking in stores and/or scanning items in the store. You can redeem kickbucks for giftcards. I found this YouTube video to break it down for you. The kid is adorable. There is also an official "how to video" on the shopkick website.





Here's the breakdown:
1. You get points for walking in stores.
2. You get points for scanning items in the store. (You don't have to actually purchase the item in order to receive the points...just scan them with your IPhone.)
3. You redeem acquired points for gift cards.
4. This is a great opportunity to keep your kids entertained while shopping with you.  A scavenger hunt of sorts.

If you are interested, let me know. I can refer a friend from my app.




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. When I started using the app I immediately thought of you and your living consciously followers. Shopkicks is really cool because it rewards you just visiting stores and bonus points for viewing sales ads in the app. Glad you enjoy it. I know I do :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to try it! can you send it to my phone? 571.723.3216
    sounds fun! my kids would love it!

    ReplyDelete