Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A little something for the mailman

Our house was built in 1925, so that makes it 87 years old. Although, I guess the mailbox we inherited is not that old, it sure looks like it could have been.



I am not against the golden finish.  I am just against weathered, nasty, never cleaned gold. So, once again I put my dad to work the last time he visited. (I don't abuse him if you are starting to be concerned about my dad. He actually likes doing all of these projects I write about it.) Just like the lamp, this appeared to be another paint job for dad. I will say that he sanded it before he painted and the finish after sanding looked pretty cool. But, I had the black paint and our door is black, so it seemed like the better accent color. And for the price of a can of black spray paint, here is the new mailbox.



 
 

 
I hope it makes the mailman as happy as it makes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment