Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A whole mess of produce

My friend, Audrey, sent me this picture a few weeks ago.


She is a couponer and she knows what she is doing. She must have even impressed herself with this trip. She surely impressed me. I love this picture because Audrey has shown that you don't have to buy a bunch of processed food to benefit from coupons. I mean, do you see the produce in this picture. It is practically falling off the cook-top.

She wrote:

I got free toothpaste for the church food pantry and took advantage of
the Betty Crocker/General Mills Catalina to get some cheap potatoes
for the food pantry and some of our own pantry staples. Then I used
the catalinas ($15 dollars worth) to get fresh produce. All in all, I
spent exactly $28.00! (just realized I forgot to put the 2 bunches
of bananas and 2 avocados in the picture)....Yay Kroger deals!


Later, she wrote:

I saved $47.23 in 2 transactions (I had $11.20 in coupons, $15 in catalinas from 1st transaction, and $21.03 Kroger plus savings). I love when I can save on produce. The produce alone would have been over $23.00 without a Kroger card.


If you don't know what a catalina is, here is a tutorial from forthemommas.com

If you want to go shopping with Audrey, you best just get in line.






No comments:

Post a Comment