Monday, May 14, 2012

More about the crime scene

I promised a few more pictures of our crime scene recently organized basement. I consider myself a semi-minimalist, always wanting to minimize more and so all of this still feels like a lot of stuff. But Christmas decorations and my husband's sporting equipment have to go somewhere.  Pictures from high school and college that I have meticulously organized in albums are important to save but don't need to jam up  the office bookshelves. Enter  "the Rubbermaid bin".   You will see evidence of the label maker in action. All in all...it's functional and that is all that matters. We didn't spend any money organizing the basement...just used bins we had. It is not magazine worthy but I am pretty sure Real Simple isn't calling this week to set up their next photo shoot.











That large black monstrosity is an old boiler no longer in use and was taking up a ton of space. I got a quote to see how much it would  cost to remove it and I can't remember exactly but I think it was like $3 million. So, my DAD built this awesome shelf above it that holds so much stuff. In general, dads rock.  Handy dads are the bomb.

   


There is just little part to finish. My laundry basket is being held hostage. These are items collected from the basement that need to be put away in my husbands closet/office.


But the basement.


Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment