Friday, May 18, 2012

$.50 greeting cards

Greeting cards are an interesting thing. E-cards are becoming more and more popular. Those family style business cards that you attach to a gift are also on the rise.


Your birthday card could also be replaced by a Facebook message.


However, if you are still a fan of the traditional greeting card, Dollar Tree is the place to go.
They sell 2 cards for $1.00. Yes, $.50/card. You can’t beat it. 

“Most importantly, write your own personal message”. –Your mother

What do you like to buy at the Dollar Tree or other dollar stores?

2 comments:

  1. I think greeting cards are a total rip off. My (very sweet, thoughtful) husband bought me a Mother's Day card from Kroger that cost $4.97! UNBELIEVABLE! And it didn't even sing or dance or anything, just a normal card.
    For gifts I've been just cutting the front of an old card and tucking it in the gift, or folding a piece of wrapping paper...and I don't even care if it makes me look cheap.
    $4.97 for paper??!? - unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just going to put this out there....my favorite thing to buy at the Dollar store? Pregnancy tests. Seriously. Those things are expensive and *some people* really love taking them. And they work - a Dollar store test told me that Logan was coming! And now he's here.

    I'm not a super frugalista like you, so that's pretty much my only tip :)

    (Although I agree with Amanda - I ALWAYS buy cards from the $0.99 section because that is ridiculous)

    ReplyDelete