Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Weed out Wednesday

Sometimes you stumble upon a solution to a "house process" that really works. It doesn't need tweaking and you realize....this is it. I won't ever change it. That's how I feel about our donation box.
There is this narrow space between our basement steps and the wall. I got my hands on this tall skinny cardboard box and it fits perfectly there.

Whenever I decide something is donation- bound,  I immediately open the door to the basement and toss the item into the box. It's deep, it's dark and it's forgotten. When the box gets full, I just dump it out and begin itemizing the list so we can deduct it on the taxes.


Itemize and bag it up.  Easy Peezy.



It feels so good to see that bagged up and ready for the car.  Four grocery bags of stuff that will eventually show up in a new home for someone else to enjoy.  Where is your donation box?



No comments:

Post a Comment