Wednesday, December 19, 2012

This week at the store

I mentioned that I hadn't been to the store in a while because of a hip surgery. I can walk now without crutches and so today, after Physical Therapy, stopped in to Kroger to pick up a few things. A few things is really all I can manage at this point. Thankfully, wonderful friends bring us meals.

I learned a new thing today at the grocery store.  Sit tight...it's coming.

First things first: I had a $25 gift credit that we got for transferring a prescription from CVS to Kroger. That was a good place to start.

We needed milk, cheese, and shaving cream. Thankfully, the shaving cream was on sale and I had two coupons that doubled, so each can was only $1.00.

Not on the list, but too good to pass up: a toothbrush for $.09, one of those POM juice drinks that was free with a coupon, and a buy one get one free pack of gum.

What was not on the list was Stacy's Pita Chips. I picked those up after hemming and hawing for a while. They are $3.69 and I didn't have a coupon. Just a craving.

So, I take all of this to the check-out and she rings it up and it is way more than I expected. (This is the part you were sitting tight for.)  Before I left the store I reviewed my coupon and the price I was charged for the pita chips was $5.99 and the price I was charged for the cheese was about $1.50 more than the sign read. I walked right over to customer service to return those items. I told the cashier the reason and she said, "If the price marked is different from the register price, then you get the item for free."   Dumbfounded, I said "Great, thanks". She promptly returned $11.25 to my gift card and I left with my free cheese and pita chips. 

So for $9.01, I got a gallon of milk, cheese, pita chips, 2 loofahs, two cans of shaving cream, 2 packs of gum, a toothbrush and a POM juice drink. With no savings, it should have cost $29.21.

Check. Your. Receipts.

No comments:

Post a Comment