Monday, October 15, 2012

Getting checked out at CVS

I stopped by CVS to check something out. As I entered the store, I walked right up to their
coupon center. I got out my CVS card connected to my keychain (still in my hand from taking the keys out of the ignition) and scanned it. I then stood there quietly waiting for any coupons offered that day.


photo credit

Walking in right behind me was an man and his wife. I would say they were about 65-70 years  I can only assume that the man stopped to watch me because this is what followed:

Woman: "I guess we should have one of those cards."
Woman:  "Do you think we should have one of those cards?"
Woman:  " I don't know know where mine is."
Woman: "Do you really think it matters?"
Woman:  "It's not worth it. It's more trouble that it's worth."

Did you notice how many times the man spoke?   In the meantime, I received $4.00 in extracare bucks from the coupon center for standing there for 15 seconds.

A few observations:
1. This woman was clearly having a some internal confusion/guilt for not using a CVS card. It's not weird to  use coupons these days and at some level she must know that.

2. Getting paid $4.00 in 15 seconds is the equivalent of being paid an hourly wage of $960.00.

3. This man thinks woman who attempt to save money are worth staring at.







No comments:

Post a Comment