Thursday, March 29, 2012

Give It A Month

I hope you try it. Even for a month and just see if it is for you. Store brands can be cheaper, but not always.  Before I started to coupon and become intentional about what I threw in my cart, I really did not like to go to the grocery store. I sort of wandered about and then paid a lot of money for stuff that would likely be gone in a week. Aimlessly doing anything is not very satisfying. Having a plan and executing it is very satisfying.

Here is what I got this week at Kroger for $23.77. And don’t forget that the register spit out $1.00 coupon toward my next visit to Kroger, so in some ways it was a $22.77 kind of day. My receipt says I bought 21 items, so that averages out to $1.08 per item.

I just go to my favorite coupon match up site, Southern Savers, and they tell me what is on sale and where to get a coupon for that item. I even click a little box next to the item that I want and when I am finished clicking, it prints a grocery list for me.

What could be better than that? Lasagna for 2= $3.00. Four boxes of pasta=$.25 a piece.
Toothpaste=Free. Italian Sausage=$.99. Pineapple=$.50 a piece.

Try it. One month. See what you think. Tell me about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment