Saturday, June 11, 2011

CVS: Getting Better

My last post outlined a series of transactions from my first trip to CVS, as well as sort of a how-to guide to saving money there.  Tonight was my 3rd trip and I wanted to let you know of some great deals.

I entered the store with $4 in Extra Care Bucks (ECBs) from a previous purchase. Remember, those print out at the bottom of your receipts and serve like a gift card.  However, they differ from a gift card because you have to use the entire amount in one transaction or you lose a portion. (i.e. If your transaction is $3.75 and you paid CVS with $4 in ECBs, you just lost $.25.)

Ok....like I said, I entered the store with $4 in ECBs from a transaction for the previous week.

Purchased:
Toothpaste             $2.59
Toothpaste             $2.59
Shampoo                $. 77
Subtract                 $2.00  in manufacturers coupons
Subtract                 $4.00 in ECBs

____________________________________________________________
Paid CVS            $.30 (in tax)

BUT, the toothpaste  earned me $4.00 in Extra Care Bucks (ECBs).  I knew that was going to happen because the circular told me.

SO, I turned around  and purchased:
a bag of dark chocolate    $5.99
Subtract                           $4.00 because I used my ECBs that i just told you about from buying toothpaste
_____________________________________________________________
Paid CVS                       $2.14

BUT,  those chocolates earned me $5.99 in Extra Care Bucks. So again, I turned around and purchased

Contact Lens Solution     $7.99
Subtract                          $5.99 in ECBs that I just told you about
Subtract                          $2.00  in manufacturer's coupons
_____________________________________________________________
Paid CVS                       $0.00


So, I ended up paying  $2.44 for all of that that should have cost me $24.40. I saved almost $22.00!

Please give it a try and tell me what how you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment